[ltp] Re: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Oct 2014 10:49:27 +0200

Nikos Alexandris <nik@nikosalexandris.net> writes:

> It works! `mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect=pin=1234,apn=yourapn` ends up
> in a successful connection :-)
>
> How about the GPS? Anybody tried it out using gpsd?

I believe the EM7345 GPS is supposed to use the /dev/ttyACMx serial
function (if you have that?), but I don't know how to enable it.  I
assume it will be similar to older Infineon modems (the EM7345 use an
Intel XMM7160 chipset which is based on technology Intel acquired from
Infineon).  So if anyone has an idea about how to enable GPS output on
Infineon modems, then that will be helpful.

Another option is of course snooping on Windows.  So if you have a
Windows dualboot setup and the GPS is available in Windows, then try
snooping there while enabling/disabling the GPS. I suggest using USBPcap
for Windows USB snooping: http://desowin.org/usbpcap/

Bjørn