[ltp] Re: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Nikos Alexandris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Oct 2014 14:50:54 +0300

Nikos Alexandris <nik@nikosalexandris.net> writes:

>> It works! `mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect=3Dpin=3D1234,apn=3Dyourapn` end=
s up
>> in a successful connection :-)

What remains is to understand how to load the module of interest with=20
the specified parameter at boot. And, initialise the ModemManager deamon=20
as well (i.e. use rc to add it in the default runlevel?). Otherwise it=20
takes manual work everytime.

On 08.10.2014 11:49, Bj=C3=B8rn Mork wrote:

> I believe the EM7345 GPS is supposed to use the /dev/ttyACMx serial
> function (if you have that?), but I don't know how to enable it.  I
> assume it will be similar to older Infineon modems (the EM7345 use an
> Intel XMM7160 chipset which is based on technology Intel acquired=20
> from
> Infineon).  So if anyone has an idea about how to enable GPS output=20
> on
> Infineon modems, then that will be helpful.\

I can't find any useful info with a quick search on the net (infineon,=20
modem, gps, linux) :-?

> Another option is of course snooping on Windows.  So if you have a
> Windows dualboot setup and the GPS is available in Windows, then try
> snooping there while enabling/disabling the GPS. I suggest using=20
> USBPcap
> for Windows USB snooping: http://desowin.org/usbpcap/

Kinda off-topic, but I have currently Gentoo on my box and kept all=20
original partitions safe elsewhere. That is I can't boot into Windows.=20
It would be great if I could do this:=20
<http://superuser.com/q/806154/128768>.

Nikos