[ltp] (last thinkpad) convert to led backlight (R61)

Nicole Faerber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Sep 2014 11:43:41 +0200

Am 04.09.2014 16:53, schrieb Bert Haskins:
> This discussion just adds to my interest in a possible led backlight
> conversion for my R61.

I would love this for some W500 we have here too.

> Are there any members who have done this?

Not me. And I would assume that this is not very straight forward. A CFL
bulb is pretty different in dimension, emission and powe supply. It
would surely require some bigger surgery.

But it would be so great if this would be possible! The TFT itself
almost does not age but the CFL does.

> Thanks for any ideas.
>   -Bert
Cheers
  nicole

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48