[ltp] (last thinkpad) convert to led backlight (R61)

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Sep 2014 12:30:17 +0200

Haven't does this to any of my T6x myself, but i am following the topic
on various channels. This here appears to be the most comprehensive how
to i stumbled over so far:

https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/thinkpad/led-backlight.shtml

(via http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=114881)

If you can read German, search Google for "site:thinkpad-forum.de LED
display mod" for some informed technical discussions.

If your R61 happens to be the 15"/4:3 variant, the following might be of
high interest: http://www.theboardroom.info/led_mod.htm
Unfortunately, the supply of native BOE Hydis LED UXGA appears to be
next to nothing nowadays, so this might already have been an option of
the long gone past.

For some discussions regarding another native BOE Hydis LED UXGA mod,
see http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=107449

Hope this helps to get you started!

Regards,
Paul