SV: Re: SV: Re: [ltp] X1 firs/second generation, X230 or X240 new keyboard design

Uwe Brauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:33:34 +0200

>> "birger" == birger  <Birger> writes:

   > The del key has not been removed. It is located to the right of
   > backspace. A logical placement, but takes some time getting used to.

   > Home and End are located where caps lock used to be. Can you use them
   > for your key swapping?

   > Why remove keys? To get valuable real estate freed up by eliminating
   > keys almost noone uses.

As it is said in the article whose link I provided, once you have set a
keyboard, qwerty or dvorak or whatsovever don't mess with it!!
Don't replace or remove keys since this makes lifes for those who are
acquainted with "blind" typing, miserable.

Improve screens hard disk, batteries life RAM, but leave the keyboard
distribution in peace.