SV: Re: SV: Re: [ltp] X1 firs/second generation, X230 or X240 new keyboard design

Uwe Brauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:37:03 +0200

   > Birger <birger@birger.sh> writes:

   > The space is not used for anything *I* value.  It's abused by an
   > insanely large clickpad.

   > Why can't laptops focus on proper keyboards instead?  There is no lack
   > of touch based devices.  They are nice toys.  But to me, and all(?)
   > Thinkpad users I know, the primary reason to use a laptop instead of
   > some "pad" is the keyboard.  The secondary reason is the mouse buttons.
   > A laptop with neither is pretty pointless (pun intended).

I agree completely!!!
=20

[snip]

   > Bj=F8rn (hoping that the - once extremely expensive - X301 won't die u=
ntil
   > some laptop vendor wakes up and smells the fish)

What do you mean "X301[1] won't die"? Is it still available?? I only saw
it second hand used in the net.

Footnotes:
[1]  which was always my dream, but too expensive. I hoped that the X1
     could be an replacement, but alas it can't.