[ltp] thinkwiki registration? unofficial max mem report

Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:55:42 +0200

> I could not figure out how to register thinkwiki. Is it a feature to
> disable registration (to fight spam?), or is the function broken?

I think the former (i.e., anti-spam).

> I refer to thinkwiki a lot, and this time want to report an unofficial
> max mem[1] configuration:
>
> Thinkpad: x200s 7465-RH6
> official max: 4GB
> unofficial max: 8GB

Thanks, been thinking about getting an X200(s).

Semi-thread hijack: what's the minimum amount of RAM needed to run
open-source virtualization software (KVM, VirtualBox, Xen, ...)
somewhat decently/non-sluggishly? 8 GB? I probably won't run more than
one VM at the same time.

--Martin