SV: Re: [ltp] X1 firs/second generation, X230 or X240 new keyboard design

Robert Thau linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:15:37 -0400

Uwe Brauer writes:
 > I big to differ, I swap this key with the control key, which makes
 > control much easier to access and then may caps lock to the hyper
 > modifier (using this for lisp functions within Xemacs). So all this I
 > cannot use anymore, what a disaster. The benefit of a larger screen does
 > not compensate for the loss of the most basic tool, the keyboard. I
 > might end up buying second hand X300 or X200/61.

If secondhand is an option, you could also look for a secondhand
first-genration X1.  I certainly considered it, though I'm instead
going to be trying my luck with a Dell XPS 13 "developer edition"
(which basically means Ubuntu 12.04 preinstalled, with manufacturer-
supplied drivers for everything).

rst