[ltp] x61: Fan error

Martin N linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Apr 2015 18:39:42 +0100

Hello,

At 20:26 01/04/2015, you wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 1, 2015, at 03:14 PM, Paul Bolle wrote:
> > [This question is not Linux specific, but I like this list's signal to
> > noise ratio.]
> >
> > A six years old ThinkPad X61 (that is now used by a member of my family)
> > today suddenly refused to boot. It only emitted some scary beeps before
> > shutting itself down. After a few attempts I notice an equally scary
> >     Fan error

I had a noisy fan on my x61.

Just opened it up, cleaned the dust off the fan and screwed it back=
 together.
Silent fan again.

Try and clean it, you may be surprised how much dust it clogging it up.

Martin N

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to=20
purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706=961790)=20