[ltp] Re: Anyone play with an X250 yet?

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:32:26 -0400

> The only shortcomings I can see with this machine is simply the lack
> of a second ram slot.

To me the main problem is the 16/9 aspect ratio which results in
a screen that's not tall enough, but a machine that's wider than I like.

Other than that, it's one of the nicer machines available, in my view
(tho only with the 1920x1080 screen, since 768 vertical pixels were
already insufficient back in the X30 days and are ridiculous nowadays).

        Stefan

PS: It seems that both the hard-disk as well as half of the battery now
require opening the machine for service, but since opening the machine
is reasonably easy (not super convenient, but if needed I could imagine
myself doing it in the middle of a long trip) I can live with it.