[ltp] T430 Ultrabay hotswap EJECT_REQUEST event
Tue, 15 Dec 2015 23:17:02 -0800
I am trying to configure a ThinkPad T430 for hotswapping Ultrabay
devices based on the instructions on ThinkWiki. Everything is
working smoothly except that the udev rule for running the Ultrabay
eject script is not being fired when I unlock the bay lock latch.
I'm wondering if this is expected behavior (because the latch is
purely physical) or if it's a software/firmware issue. Has anyone had
any luck getting this to work on recent ThinkPads?
- The T430 has a Serial Ultrabay Enhanced bay.
- I'm running an unpatched Linus 4.3 kernel under Debian testing.
- Nothing is printed by acpi_listen when unlocking the bay lock latch.
- Nothing is printed by evtest on the "ThinkPad Extra Buttons" input
device (with hotkey_mask set to hotkey_all_mask) when unlocking the
bay lock latch.
- The DSDT contains references to the following Eject Request events:
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.BAT1, 0x03) // Eject Request
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.SAT1.PRT1, 0x03) // Eject Request
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.SAT1.SCND.MSTR, 0x03) // Eject Request
Is there an event that I can listen for, or should I just run the
ultrabay_eject script manually? Is there a way to trigger Ultrabay
eject from desktop environments? (It looks like udisks support for
Ultrabay device removal has been stalled for years so perhaps not?)
Any thoughts/recommendations are appreciated!
(in the section Replacing the Ultrabay device)
Kevin Locke | email@example.com | XMPP: firstname.lastname@example.org
| https://kevinlocke.name | IRC: kevinoid on freenode