[ltp] 100mbit only when docked?

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:02:34 -0500

When plugged into the dock, you are not using the Ethernet chip in the
laptop.  You are using the chip in the dock.  Same for the sound and the
video.  On my T520, the chip is a ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772A Fast
Ethernet.  lsusb only reports support for 10Mb and 100Mb Ethernet.  Fast
Ethernet seems to be 100Mb.  Other chips support Gigabit Ethernet.

HTH,
  Jeffrey