[ltp] X1 carbon 2015 can't resume from suspend

Philipp Hachtmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Nov 2015 23:03:52 +0000

Hi, thank you for the answer.

> I'm not sure what to offer other than to say that it *should* "just
> work"...

> What happens if you suspend it via some other way?
No difference.

I have found a very saddening way around the problem:
1. Installed stock Debian kernel, worked
2. Looked through the Debian patches if there's something obvious. No.
3. Took the Debian configuration, worked.
4. Changed the config "back" to what I like. Doing stepwise, it always
kept working
5. I now have a working kernel configuration.

I'm a bit frustrated because I did not 100% figure out what went wrong.
In the ACPI stuff I could see no difference between the working config
and my broken config. Perhaps something I don't know has side effects.

Kind regards

Philipp