[ltp] T440p touchpad replacement success :)

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Aug 2016 13:53:22 -0500

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 01:55:51PM -0500, I wrote:
> This time I left a bit more length to go through the bezel slot
> to reach the motherboard connector, and IT WORKS!  Partly.
>
> I can move the pointer with the touchpad, and the main touchpad's
> click is functional.  The three buttons DO NOT respond.

Um, in fact, yes they do, much as Cameron Gray (in his blog at
camerongray.me) described for his T440s.

So in fact I think this is over but for the software tweaking.

> This result was not surprising, because close examination showed
> a minor defect in one of the ribbon cable's contacts.
>
> So I do need to get a new ribbon cable now.  But that's okay;
> optimism has returned. :)

I do think I should order a new cable anyway, and I'll get a set of
screws at the same time.

Thanks again for the comments and encouragement. :)  Best of luck to
the next person who tries it.  I can already tell I am going to love
it.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/