[ltp] T440p touchpad replacement failed :(

Dmitry Nezhevenko linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:08:12 +0300

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 09:18:08AM -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:

> That said, I concede your point about the value of consulting
> Lenovo's maintenance manual.

Just want to let you know. I've successfully replaced touchpad on my t440p
machine maybe half year ago. Purchased new one on ebay (just touchpad
without any cables/connectors). So I've used existing touchpad cable.

I was able to do it using just Lenovo maintenance manual (skipped RTC
battery and CPU fan section).

Everything works fine under linux. As far as I remember, some
input-related update was needed (kernel/evdev/libinput), doesn't remember
exactly. But with current debian unstable everything works out of the box.

Please note that this 'upgrade' touchpad (at least my one) is probably
some preproduction unit. Not sure. But if you need to use it under Windows,
be ready to get driver issues. Windows update tries to install wrong
version of drivers, and working one is pretty outdated (win10 will replace
it with non-working version automatically)

--
WBR, Dmitry