[ltp] Re: T440p touchpad replacement failed :(

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:14:37 -0400

> Sadly, that's the kind of documentation manufacturers of all kinds of
> things offer.  More important than engineers' review is the lawyers'
> review, and in many cases IME the lawyers add false and misleading
> information in the interest of protecting the company from possible
> liability.

FWIW, I found Lenovo's hardware maintenance manuals to be much better
than the average (actually, for most other machines I've had I couldn't
even find such maintenance manuals; not to mention the Apple-style
tendency to make it as hard as possible for normal users to perform
maintenance).

For some, a video might be easier to follow, but at least it was good
enough for me (my own experience being with X30, T60, T61, and X201s.
No experience with the more recent machines).

        Stefan