[ltp] T43 will only accept small disk

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 12:19:19 +0000

I have three T43's in my ancient machine collection.
They have disks of sizes 60GB, 120GB, 240GB.
One of the machines will only accept the 60GB disk.
(If either of the bigger disks is installed it says
that no operating system is found.)

Is it likely that a BIOS upgrade would solve this problem?
I have looked through the BIOS and don't see
any possible change there.

Any advice gratefully received.

Incidentally, I was about to throw out one of the laptops,
which has an Orinoco WiFi card that no longer works
under any recent version of Linux
but which works under Windows 7.
However, my daughter told me that one of the machines
contains data she wants so I'll have to keep all three
for the moment.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net