[ltp] Best replacement for X61s

Uwe Brauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2016 18:55:00 +0000

>>> "Arno" == Arno Trautmann <Arno.Trautmann@gmx.de> writes:

    >> > You should really really give the new keyboard a try (like a week or two of
    >> > use) before writing it off.
    >>

    >> Well I can say that much: I tried out for an afternoon a new ultrabook:
    >> terrible experience

    > Since I never tried the new keyboard on a thinkpad: Uwa, what do
    > you find terrible about it?

First of all the typing itself. It is not really bad, but it is light
years away from the experience in my older Xs (and for the record I
think the best keyboard was on my old X41, not on the newer machine,
although the difference is small).

But much more serious is the fact of the missing keys. I am a long-time
die-hard emacs user and use dozen of lisp functions on a daily base,
which I have bound to all keys available, (for example break runs, bbdb,
print runs flyspell-auto-correct-word etc etc). I am used to that
keyboard since the old days of my X41 or even before, so its is almost
hard wired in my brain with all the consequences.