[ltp] Battery does not charge at all T400

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:27:13 +0100

On 03/13/2016 04:32 PM, Toyam Cox wrote:
> battery. I am willing to put down the money for a Panasonic battery for
> this machine, can you recommend a supplier?

I am not aware of any particular recommendable supplier.

You didn't state where you are located, but then again with eBay and
Amazon this probably doesn't really matter anymore...

I'd make sure to not buy any 3rd party battery of unknown provenance and
quality. Many users have already been bitten by bad deals in this regard.

Personally, i would rather try find a genuine part manufacured for
Lenovo. Finding a battery actually manufacured by Panasonic is probably
the trickiest part of the equation. Do make sure to avoid SONY produced
batteries like the plague, they are well known to be rather shortlived.

My knowledge may be outdated as i am stuck at the T60/T61 generation of
Thinkpads (happy Frankenpad user here), but AFAIK since a few years
already Lenovo has started to blur the distinction between battery
models by using the same FRU for batteries of different manufacturers.

Try searching for "genuine battery T400" on eBay or Amazon and make sure
the seller confirms that he is actually selling no 3rd party parts
before buying. Another option might be to post a want to buy request on
the http://forum.thinkpads.com marketplace section.

Good luck!

Regards,
Paul