[ltp] suspend issues: faulty lid switch?

Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:12:34 +0300

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

On Sun, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:50:35AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> I'm new to the group but have been using Thinkpads for a long time. I'm
> currently running a GNOME desktop with Arch Linux on a T440s, and a
> longstanding intermittent problem with suspend has become much much worse
> in the last few months.
<snip>
> - is there a way to physically fix the lid switch?
> - if not, do you know of a way ot disable the switch entirely? Is that
> handled maybe in /etc/systemd/logind.conf?

I had a T61 with a semi-broken lid switch (it would sometimes randomly
wake up while in my backpack).  I found a software workaround: disable
the lid switch as an ACPI wakeup source by doing

  echo LID > /proc/acpi/wakeup

=66rom a startup script (/etc/rc.local on my Ubuntu).

IIRC what this does is toggle the state. You can cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
to see whether it's currently enabled or not.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Lovecraft was disappointed that there were no polysyllabic synonyms for "a"=
 and
"the".
        -- Sean O'Hara

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP