[ltp] suspend issues: faulty lid switch?

Eric Covener linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Sep 2016 11:45:34 -0400

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the past, I had occasional issues where my laptop would fail to wake from
> suspend, andn eeded to be "hard" reset with the reset button (hte pinhole on
> the bototm of hte laptop). Since there's an internal battery, I also had to
> take apart the laptop and disconnect the battery for the reset to work.  At
> first this happened about once a month; when it became more frequent, about
> once a week, I diconnected the internal battery completely to make this
> easier.

I have this occasionally and have partially convinced myself it was
related to closing the lid too closely to suspending from the UI /
function keys.   Any chance you're doing this?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com