[ltp] buy X1

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Tue Jun 20 22:29:13 CEST 2017

On 06/20/2017 09:50 PM, Gael wrote:
> If it's the awful keyboard layout, it should be the 2nd gen. I have one running exclusively Linux since 3 years now. I have mainly used Debian and Fedora distribs.
> The only things to know is that you need to fully upgrade firmwares, notably the keyboard one to get the OLED part working.

I have a 2nd generation and a 4th generation model, both running Debian
unstable from the beginning never had any issues.

I dont'k now if the fingerprint reader on the 4th gen is working, never
tested (for the 2nd gen - worked flawlessy). For wireless you need to
install nonfree firmware.

At the moment the trackball on my 4th gen is driving me crazy as it
doesn't behave the way it should. not sure if this is software or
hardware related. Battery life and weight is really great. I love the
display resolution on the 4th gen also.

What I dislike on these devices is the missing ethernet port. Personally
I am thinking about to switch to a T460s just because there is an
ethernet port. other than that - great device (if not the on with the
crazy keyboard touch bar).