[ltp] Third party battery source? - thanks!

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Mar 19 22:14:11 CET 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:07:19PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Thank you for reminding me about Kahlon.

The replacement battery for my X61 Thinkpad arrived more
than two weeks after my order.  No response to email and
no reason given for the delay.  They shipped on a
Saturday, so somebody was working overtime ...

My guess is that Kahlon doesn't stock batteries for 10yo
Thinkpads in their US warehouse, and got one from Asia.

The battery has been in the X61 for a week and is still
working at design capacity.  We'll see how it works in
6 months, and at the end of the 1 year warranty period.

Oh, how I wish somebody still made "tall screen" laptops,
and batteries with long warranties.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com