[ltp] Unable to install Ubuntu on New Leveno Ideapad 330 (mitch Stanley)

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 13:04:42 CET 2018

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 12:00:03 CET schrieb linux-thinkpad-
request at linux-thinkpad.org:

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 07:38:51 -0700
> From: mitch Stanley <webuyhousesphxaz at gmail.com>
> To: linux-thinkpad at linux-thinkpad.org
> Cc: mitch Stanley <webuyhousesphxaz at gmail.com>, M Stanley
>
> Hi, A member of PLUG ( Portland Linxux User Group)  provided me your email
> to assist me in installing Ubuntu 16.04 onto my new Leveno Laptop from
> Costco -
>
> Leveno Idea Pad 330 I purchased recently. Trying to install from Linux
> Format magazine CD - Ubuntu 16.04.

And what is the issue?

My best guess - it does not install. 16.04 is reasonably old - I would
definitely not go for an ancient Linux version. Get a copy of an 18.10 (if it
needs to be Ubuntu) or install a tested rolling release, like openSUSE
Tumbleweed.

Cheers
Axel