[ltp] x250: Intel Rapid Start works but has quirks

Florian Reitmeir florian at reitmeir.org
Wed Dec 18 22:12:45 CET 2019

Am 18.12.2019 um 13:53 schrieb Axel Braun:
> Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:11:25 +0200
>> Of course I could just use Linux' own hibernation, but with IRS I can
>> save a few seconds when waking up.
> Ask yourself why you want to use hibernation.
> Energy consumption in stand-by is pretty low over days, I see no real benefit in using hibernation.
> As a consequence, I just close the lid for 'Suspend to RAM'. Only in rare cases hibernation makes sense. And then I can affort a few seconds more

hibernation is useful, because you don't have to think about the battery
level, you can always just close the lid, and never think about battery,
never loose data.

with ssd hibernation is nearly as fast as suppend-to-ram, and hybrid
ways like intel rapid are extrem fast, because the system first does a
suspend, and if the suspend
lasts longer, it does a hibernation, so as user you never have to wait
for hibernation.

greetings