[ltp] the fan of ThinkPad X1 Carbon 4th starts quite often lately

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Apr 11 21:22:27 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Apr/11/2020, Luca Fornasari wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 7:12 PM Carles Pina i Estany <carles at pina.cat>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,

> > >    > Uwe,
> > >    > Have you considered the idea of changing the thermal paste between
> > the processor and the fan?
> > >    > Trust me ... there is no culprit in the OS ... it's the thermal
> > paste.
> > >
> > > Oops, you mean a hardware problem. That is really bad, because in the
> >
> > I wouldn't completely rule out a software problem.
>

> Obviously if the CPU is at 100% it needs some "fresh" air ...
> Uwe please check if you have high CPU load ...
> Keep in mind that anyway after a couple or more years the thermal paste
> loose the physical properties.

another thing (I don't have the original email handy to check/reply):
please, check Uwe if there is visible dust near the CPU fan (from the
outside). Check tutorials on how to clean it if this is the case. It
might be visible and possible to clean (partially) it from the outside.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany