[ltp] No wireless after Debian install

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Wed Dec 2 17:01:44 CET 2020

On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 06:31:30PM +1300, cr wrote:
> Subject: Re: [ltp] No wireless after Debian install
>
> When I upgraded to Debian 10 (which I did with a new install) I made
> sure to download a netinst .ISO image which included the 'non-free'
> iwlwifi drivers - this meant I downloaded the image from
> cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/nonfree/cd-including-firmware/

Could you please check this link again? It didn't work for me,
but I would find such an image very useful. It looks like the
files in unofficial are very much out of date.

> On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 22:50:13 -0500
> Cynthia Eliason <cyne at cmk4u.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for pointing out what I should have known, and
> > thanks to Basil for pointing me in the right direction to
> > find and install the firmware.

You're welcome, but "what I should have known" is perhaps too
strong. When networkmanager first appeared on the scene,
unannounced as far as I could tell, it took me ages to figure it
out. A couple of years later I finally also discovered its
commandline version, nmcli, which helps for scripting different
wifit setups.

    -- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-

==
I have always felt the necessity to verify what to many seemed a
simple multiplication table.
	-- Ilya Ehrenburg (Soviet author and critic; he's not
	   talking about mathematics)