[ltp] Too many choices!

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Thu May 14 14:18:13 CEST 2020

Chris gives an excellent summary.

I've had a T410 for a long time and I bought it used with a Win 7
installation that I later deleted.  If I were to buy a newer one I would
simply acquire an SSD along with the laptop and pull the drive with
Windows on it and set it aside and install your favorite Linux
distribution on the SSD.  At least on this T410 drives are quite easy to
swap and it seems a simple, albeit manual, solution to dual booting.

I have 8 GB of RAM installed and a 500 GB SSD that allows it to be
rather peppy with Debian Testing running Gnome on Wayland with the Intel
integrated graphics GPU.  Even though I have the non-free intel-microde
package installed I recall that even wireless worked out of the box.

Personally, I would shy away from any model that has an Nvidia GPU as
their driver situation seems to be a constant source of pain and
irritation.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB