[ltp] Too many choices!

Sicelo absicsz at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:09:38 CEST 2020

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 01:56:35AM +1200, cr wrote:
> That's a good point that I missed in my comments.   Besides the models
> listed in the link at Thinkwiki, the L440 also has a buttonless
> touchpad - and it doesn't seem to have any menu entry to disable it in
> the BIOS (because that would also presumably disable clicking).
> And it is a little annoying to use as, if I hover over a button on
> the screen with the trackpoint, then when I go to click, my thumb often
> moves the mouse pointer just enough to miss the button.   God knows
> what Lenovo were thinking.   So I use a wireless mouse instead.
>
> It's easy to check from pictures of the keyboard area whether the model
> has a buttonless touchpad or not.    The 450 models appear to have had
> the buttons restored.

Do you absolutely need the disabling to happen in the BIOS? I have a
T440p, and I do wish it had the buttons. However, I have disabled the
touchpad using Linux, not BIOS. The 'virtual' buttons on the touchpad
still work (because I kept them enabled) while the rest of it doesn't.

Just a thought, in case you end up with the L440 for example.

Regards
Sicelo