[ltp] newer ThinkPads are crap (was: Re: Too many choices!)

Christoph Schmees cjws at gmx.net
Thu May 14 22:41:23 CEST 2020

Am 14.05.20 um 22:10 schrieb Marius Gedminas:
> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 06:11:34PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> I also like my current X390, but it has some downsides: non-upgradeable
>> RAM, no easily-replaceable SDD/HDD tray,
>
> And I forgot the biggest downside: no replaceable battery!

well, it seems that it is time for my 2¢.

Until the xx20 series (X220, T420 and 520, designed by IBM) the ThinkPads were great. The xx30 series were mere acceptable; since xx40 series (designed by Lenovo) I am through with Thinkpad.
My wife still happily runs a X201 - what a fabulous machine, albeit a bit old.
I for one run and carry my good old X220 (8G RAM, M.2 SSD + 1 TB HD, new WiFi) and love it (except the screen resolution only HD). Both machines run Linux-Mint.
If my X220 or the X201 of my wife should pass away some day, it will be replaced most probably by a comparable machine from HP or Dell.

hth, Christoph

--
Bitte keine Mails von USA-Providern wie AOL, me.com (Apple),
gmail (Google), hotmail/outlook.com (Microsoft) oder yahoo.