[ltp] newer ThinkPads are crap (was: Re: Too many choices!)

Phil Shotton phil at stairbridge.org.uk
Fri May 22 10:10:18 CEST 2020

I agree, spent most of my professional life using Thinkpads running Linux,
and still using a T520 occasionally, but now my workhorse of choice is a
Google PixelBook. Chrome OS is slick, fast and does most of what I want,
and now Chromebooks can run Linux (and Android) apps I do all my
development work on it - with 7 hours of battery life. Brilliant machines.
The only major issue is that there's no USB serial port support in the
Linux container so I can't flash Arduino from my Chromebook.

I have a modern Lenovo Thinkpad running WIndows 10 for when I absolutely
have to (fortunately not very often) and it's not a patch on the
Chromebook, and nothing like as good as the IBM ones.

hth
Phil