[ltp] Rebooting Ubuntu 20.04.01 on x220

Ejnar Zacho Rath ejnar at ezr.dk
Sun Oct 18 15:49:56 CEST 2020

Hi

I decided that my upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 should be a reinstall
on a new HDD (1 TB Samsung QVO 870). That went quite well except for one
thing - when I make a reboot the system only attempts PXI booting and the
BIOS boot menu only shows this option - while a "cold" boot after shutdown
follows the BIOS defined order of USB devices, HDD, PXI.

What has happened during my installation to have rebooting use only the PXI
option - and how do I correct it to use the same order as "cold" boot?

BIOS v. 1.46 (latest available)
Embedded controller v. 1.24 (latest available)

TIA

--
Ejnar Zacho Rath
Kølstrup Bygade 48