[ltp] Dual-boot with Windows 10

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Fri Apr 23 14:48:42 CEST 2021

On 2021-04-23 7:53 a.m., Joerg Bruehe wrote:
> And the third issue is whether you can transform a Windows 10
> installation from BIOS boot to UEFI boot. If I remember the articles
> correctly, that is at least complicated, maybe impossible. It might
> require you to re-install Windows.

Is there any difference to the NTFS partition between the two methods?
Also, this might be an opportunity to upgrade the disk.  I have a
ThinkPad E520 and I put in a larger drive years ago.  Just get an
external drive case to put the old drive in.  Then the contents can be
easily copied to the new drive.  When that's done, the old drive can be
used as another external drive.

My ThinkPad hasn't been converted to UEFI yet, as I don't have the need,
but my desktop has.  I will convert the ThinkPad if I get a larger
(SSD?) drive for it