[ltp] T61 screen flickering

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Apr 28 01:08:01 CEST 2021

> So now I'm mostly wondering if exchanging the screen itself would do the
> job, or could it be the GPU that is about to die?
> I'd appreciate any suggestions, and thanks for reading!

My crystal ball is as clueless as I am about this, but it nevertheless
says it's probably the backlight, sometimes referred to as "inverter"
(I think technically, the backlight is the actual light source (either
CCFL or LED) and the inverter is the small logic board which control
the power to it, but it seems they're usually changed together).

        Stefan