[ltp] Fwd: T450s mouse pointer freeze with Arch kernel 5.10.4 and 5.10.4

Michael Topp info at mito-space.com
Fri Jan 22 22:50:25 CET 2021

-- Strange stuff for sure! I luckily never encountered troubles with the
trackpoint.

Any changes booting a fallback kernel?
However, running LTS instead of being bleeding edge is not the worst
idea, in the contrary.

Looks like there's still a new appropriate driver missing.
Or, try dis/enabling other extra options in your xorg conf; or check it
for typos.
Or disable them all (if any) and try running defaults...

How about [ gpm ]
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_purpose_mouse>, does it
work with your trackball? In case you're left to console, it makes
things like c&p easier.

Another idea: If it's an Xorg problem, have a taste of wayland, where I
recommend [ sway ] <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sway>, for
instance; started either by tty or a dm. It runs flawlessly in
combination with xwayland, even opengl; when I started using it, my
former (maybe also dbus related) libinput+xorg freezing problems were
totally gone. (Anyway, I still prefer my X desktop which got revived
again after another bunch of updates a year later; yet sway is my spare
one.)

Good luck!