Suspending safely (was Re: Thinkpad features program)

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:39:02 -0500 (CDT)

| On Greg Moulton's page there is a work around for closing the lid. Press
| CTRL-ALT-F1 to get to virtual console 1 then close the lid,
| after opening the lid again press CTRL-ALT-F7 to return to the XConsole.

Another workaround: use Fn-F4 to suspend (you have to unplug the AC
adapter FIRST for this to work), or use a software program (I use kapm)
to suspend.  I use both of these methods regularly and can't remember
having any problems.  I have experienced the resume problem occasionally
when I've suspended simply by closing the lid.

I don't know why I have to unplug to get Fn-F4 to work, but after it's
suspended I can plug the AC back in.