[ltp] screen damage

David Lomas linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:39:31 +0100

I know this is not really linux related, but I hoped someone might be
able to help - the IBM support site is terrible, and dejanews refers to
a newsgroup called ibm.ibmpc.thinkpad which isn't available on my news
server - maybe its only served from an IBM host?

Anyway, I was talking to a colleague of mine about a small hole which
has appeared in my thinkpad's screen - its surface damage and I had no
idea how it happened. He said there had been some discussion of it on a
thinkpad site, but he couldn't remember if it was IBMs support site, or
a usenet group, but either way I've had no luck finding a reference to
it. He said it was a known problem, and it was possible to get a new
cover sheet to go over the LCD screen and effectively repair the damage.
Does anyone have any pointers to information on this?

Thanks, and appologies for the off-topicness - its just that I've found
the small user groups far more help than the official support sites in
the past.

Regards,

David.
--
Post Office Research Group              Email: lomasd@postoffice.co.uk
Manor Offices                                Phone: +44 (0)7801 093869