[ltp] Trouble starting X-server (TP 760ED)

Allen H. Cogbill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:16:22 -0700 (MST)

I just 'upgraded' a TP760ED to Mandrake 6.5 (= RH 6.1). Installation
was smooth. After install, I made a boot floppy. Now, when booting
from the HD, the system boots OK but X gives the error message (over
and over) 'cannot find mouse'. The mouse is installed as a generic
PS/2 mouse. I have tried this with and w/o an actual mouse plugged
into the mouse port.

HOWEVER, if I boot from the boot floppy, X starts just fine and every-
think works OK. I can't find any difference between the lilo.conf
on the floppy or the HD.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Allen Cogbill