TP 380Z serial

Stein Vrale linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:03:26 +0200

> So, how do I make Linux to detect this UART/port/whatever, and how do I
> check that it has detected it?

Got it! I had to enable it with the dos utility ps2, the windows
configurator was not enough it seems.

Maybe someone would like to point out this on their pages, I got a few
answer from people having the same problem (on TP600). Im probably not
the only one stupid enough to trust  Win98 tools only ;-)

Howto:

1. Download and install Thinkpad tools for DOS from IBM

2. From DOS (window):

ps2 sera address 1
ps2 sera enable
ps2 ir address 2
ps2 ir enable

3. Reboot - voila!

Thanks to tpctl and the freebsd bug list, for bringing my attention to
the ps2 tool.

Stein Vråle

(Next endless project: Access Nokia 6110 mobile via IR port. This
doesn't even work in Windows98, according to Nokia, only in W95 and dos
- and soon maybe Linux?)