pcmcia problem

Chad linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:52:43 -0400

Hello,

I installed redhat 5.1 on a Thinkpad 600 for one of our staff members
about a year ago. He came in recently with some stuff he wanted done, so
I figured I'd update him to 6.0. Everything went fine, and I'm happy to
see that power management works now (with 5.1, shutting the lid would
lock it up). But, now when I plug in the pcmcia modem (a 3Com Megahertz
56k) everything locks up. When I eject it, it goes back to normal. It
worked fine before the update.

To me it sounded like an IRQ conflict, but I don't see why that would
have changed in just upgrading to 6... Any thoughts?

--

Chad Cunningham
ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu