[ltp] Can't print

Alex Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:29:48 +0000

I have tried to set up a printer using lisa --printer from the terminal
screen as root.  I have tried both lpt1 and the next option on that
screen.  Nothing happens at all when I try to print out from the
KDE/applications/text editor.  Nothing prints, and there is no error
message.

I have Caldera OpenLinux on a ThinkPad 385XD attached to an enhanced
port replicator, to which is attached a Canon BJC4300.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a fix?

The more I use Linux the more I appreciate the stability, flexibility,
and ease of use of OS/2.