[ltp] cloning 14G drives/BIOS version numbers

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:10:43 GMT

   so there has to be a BIOS version problem or a kernel version problem.
   i'm using a v2.2.10 kernel.  i don't know what BIOS versions are
   available nor do i know how to name mine.  my thinkpad is
   a 770Z.

The excellent tpctl program,
http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~thood/tpctlhome.htm, will tell you your
bios version number, using the -ib flag.  For example on my 600E
it says:

information about bios and system:
   system ID:                           57
   country code:                        1
   system BIOS revision:                1.09
   system management BIOS revision:     1.08
   SMAPI BIOS interface revision:       0.92
   video BIOS revision:                 1.15
   slave controller revision:           1.8

Until last week I was running BIOS 1.02, and apmd didn't work.
BIOS updates are available on the ibm web site along with
reasonably good descriptions of what each version fixes.

Michael.