[ltp] cloning 14G drives

James M. Corey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:51:47 -0800 (PST)

Another comment:
I just cloned a 9G drive with

dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

So I know it works.  I booted the other drive and was able to
read and write the many partitions fine.  (I didn't even bother
umounting anything, just let it fsck when it came up.  Sick! :)
That was on a redhat 6.0 system, though I doubt it's relevant.

You might consider bs=512 or whatever appropriate for your drive...

Seems like I hear a lot of suffering associated with 14G drives.  I
wonder if there is a particular model that just sucks w.r.t. linux?
These two drives: are they identical models?