[ltp] Large Disk help installing Redhat 6.0 on a 770Z

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 23:40:47 -0500 (CDT)

| However, the installation routine does not
| recognize that the extended partition exists as a valid target for the
| installation.

I think I saw that when I installed, and the problem might have been the
system id used to identify the extended partition.  There are two codes
that identify an extended partition: 5 is the original code, and f
is the Windows 95 code.  I think the installer doesn't understand the
0x0f code.  Run fdisk and check the id with the "p" command.  If it's
"f", change it to "5" with the "t" command.  If it's not, then send a
dump of your partition table.