[ltp] Fn-F8 key combination on Thinkpads

Ashish V. Thapliyal linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 17:01:02 -0400

Perhaps this is well known, in which case sorry to bother you.

I just discovered that on pressing the key combination Fn-F8
on one of the text consoles makes the text mode use the full
screen. I wonder if this is a well known Thinkpad feature.
When I try this key sequence with X running strange things happen
like the screen shows only one quarter of the full desktop.

I have a TP 770E (9548) running RHAT 6.0, Kernel 2.2.10, pcmcia 3.0.14. However
this key sequence works on a co-worker's TP 600 too.

Thanks,
Ashish.
--
Ashish V. Thapliyal               email:ash@physics.ucsb.edu
Physics Department, University of California Santa Barbara,

Temporary Address:                 voice: 914-945-2829
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center     fax: 914-945-4506
P. O. Box 218
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 USA    e-mail: ashish@watson.ibm.com