[ltp] ISDN suggestions

Boris Bathow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 08:13:26 -0400

Hi!
>From my experience with ISDN connections with LINUX it depends on what you
want to get out of it, if you want to use full ISDN-bandwidth (128 kB/s), if
so you should use a router or active ISDN-adapter, since ISDN4LINUX has a
problem with MPPP.
I used to use the Zyxel Prestige 100 ISDN-Router with Euro-ISDN and it works
quite well.
Right now I use the Zyxel Elite 2864 ISDN TA, but with the connection
through the serial port you cannot take advantage of channel bundling,
because the ThinkPad serial port is limited to 115 kB/s .
With the limitations of ISDN4LINUX regarding MPPP I would prefer the ZYXEL
Prestige Series over the passive internal PCMCIA - adapter.

Boris Bathow            Senior Technical Consultant
TSi Software GmbH       Phone:    +49-(0)69-610-922-17
Lyoner Strasse 11       Fax:      +49-(0)69-610-922-22
                        Mobile:   +49-(0)172-775 02 12
D-60528 Frankfurt/Main  Email:    mailto:bbathow@tsisoft.com
Germany                 Internet: http://www.tsisoft.com