[ltp] 770 EOL????

Maureen Lecuona linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:19:00 -0400

God I hope you are right.  A high quality desktop replacement is critical for
most of the software developers I know.  Myself included.  As I said, I have 2
770's and I will be buying another desktop replacement laptop as soon as the
Pentium III's are at a reasonably high clock rate.  I want to save my
investments in multiple accessories, so I would like a Thinkpad that supports
the Travelstar 14GS and 25GS drives (I own three 14.1 GB drives and three 8 GB
drives, plus 3 power supplies, and 3 batteries, which represents a considerable
cash investment!!!).  If the new Thinkpads are not compatible in disk format,
and are not desktop replacements, then then I will be rethinking very carefully
before I buy a laptop.

I LOVE IBM top of the line laptops, but I don't want to lose my shirt rebuying
disks, batteries and power supplies everytime a new Thinkpad comes out.  And I
certainly won't consider a Thinkpad that is NOT a desktop replacement laptop.

Maureen Lecuona