[ltp] Monitor port on TP600

Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:51:15 +0200

Hei,

just joined this list so please forgive me if this has already been
discussed.

I have RehHat Linux 6.2(?) with Gnome, VMWARE (+NT) and the 2.2.17 kernel
and X at
1024x768, pcmcia cards, networking with dhcp all running perfectly on my
TP600.
Installation was far far easier than I expected...the hardest bit was
installing NT under
vmware! :-)

Anyway, I can get output from the monitor port on the back, however I need
to boot
the laptop connected (I think) and it works, except that the screen is
shifted about 100
pixels to the right. Using xvidtune to correct this leads to the signal
being dropped
from the monitor port (at least the projector doesn't get anything) and the
LCD screen
"going mad". Reboot is then necessary using the power switch...

Anyone succesfully got all this working?

thanks

Ian