[ltp] I need help after I read so many news before....

Jimmy To linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:37:42 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01BF7BC0.CEE4C660

Hi, linux expert,
 I have installed a Red Hat 6.0 with v.08 CLE. after I make a boot disk =
(I want to boot linux on disk only)
 , when I stat up the computer, it appear a LI , then hang.   After I =
edit the lilo.conf , it let me choose dos and linux on start up. But =
when I
 choose linux, it say " No setup signature " ,what it means ? Even I =
reinstall and format the linux partition, it still require my boot disk =
 choose linux/dos, but I want to boot on my first linux partiton ( my =
hda1 is win98 and hda5 is linux). How can I do that ? Can I use fdisk =
/mbr to clear
 the whole linux with lilo, then back to my origional win system? Then I =
can install it again ?
 ALso I want to know what's the different of KDE and GNOME ?
 what is windows management? I have enlightment,ICE warm ? and Windows =
manager. What that's ?
 How can I search the file in linux command mode or in x-windows ? =
because I can't find back some jpg files created.
 The most important thing is even I am using a red hat 6.0 with stable =
Kernel 2.2.12 , I still can't use my PCMCIA modem to online, do I need =
to download
 a PCMCIA (pcmcia-cs-3.1.8.tar ) ?
=20
 If someone has post this message before on net, sorry to waste material =
on
 that, because I find hardly on net, could you mind sending me the =
reference> web site or letter for LINUX on IBM thinkpad 600 ?
=20
 Thank you for your kindly help.

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01BF7BC0.CEE4C660

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbig5">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi, linux expert,<BR>&nbsp;I have installed a Red =
Hat 6.0 with=20
v.08 CLE. after I make a boot disk (I want to boot linux on disk=20
only)<BR>&nbsp;, when I stat up the computer, it appear a LI , then=20
hang.&nbsp;&nbsp; After I edit the lilo.conf , it let me choose dos and =
linux on=20
start up. But when I<BR>&nbsp;choose linux, it say " No setup signature =
" ,what=20
it means ? Even I reinstall and format the linux partition, it still =
require my=20
boot disk to<BR>&nbsp;choose linux/dos, but I want to boot on my first =
linux=20
partiton ( my hda1 is win98 and hda5 is linux). How can I do that ? Can =
I use=20
fdisk /mbr to clear<BR>&nbsp;the whole linux with lilo, then back to my=20
origional win system? Then I can install it again ?<BR>&nbsp;ALso I want =
to know=20
what's the different of KDE and GNOME ?<BR>&nbsp;what is windows =
management? I=20
have enlightment,ICE warm ? and Windows manager. What that's =
?<BR>&nbsp;How can=20
I search the file in linux command mode or in x-windows ? because I =
can't find=20
back some jpg files created.<BR>&nbsp;The most important thing is even I =
am=20
using a red hat 6.0 with stable Kernel 2.2.12 , I still can't use my =
PCMCIA=20
modem to online, do I need to download<BR>&nbsp;a PCMCIA =
(pcmcia-cs-3.1.8.tar )=20
?<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;If someone has post this message before on net, =
sorry to=20
waste material on<BR>&nbsp;that, because I find hardly on net, could you =
mind=20
sending me the reference&gt; web site or letter for LINUX on IBM =
thinkpad 600=20
?<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;Thank you for your kindly =
help.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01BF7BC0.CEE4C660--