[ltp] Any reason for a DOS/Windoze partition?

Jason T. Breitweg linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
02 Jul 2000 20:52:04 +0200

Hi everyone,

I have a fairly new TP240 which came with a 6GB hard disk with two
paritions.  I left Windoze on the 2GB parition it came on and I
installed SuSE 6.3 on the remaining 4GB partition.  Anyway I was just
wondering if there is any reason at all that I should keep the vfat
partition that Windoze is on?  I don't ever plan on using Windoze on
this machine at all but maybe I need a small partition for BIOS
updates and such?  Or can I do stuff like that from a DOS boot floppy?
What about hibernation issues?  Does anyone here have any experience
with getting hibernation to work properly on the TP 240?  any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any info people
can give me.  Bye bye.

Jason

--
Jason T. Breitweg